Metals Mine (https://www.metalsmine.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.metalsmine.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   Private Island Traders (https://www.metalsmine.com/thread/951319-private-island-traders)

EF5 Nov 28, 2019 1:01am | Post# 641

{quote} Looking at the short vs long end of the curve, I wouldn't be very confident that we are out of the woods in terms of the curve inverting.
While it isn't inverted anymore, the signal is already in as far as I'm concerned and I'm planning accordingly. I'm still thinking we get another push higher in the S&P since we still don't have a breadth problem and I'd guess we're still looking at a top around 3,200. We're not that far so I might have to revise it higher depending on how things play out. I'm still about 60% long.

detector Nov 28, 2019 1:46am | Post# 642

Opened sell on the Dow 28164 speculative, D
Closed 28065 for opportunist profit, D

timingchain Nov 28, 2019 9:15am | Post# 643

{quote} Thank you for the compliment Ef, although recent trades have not been as lucrative, seems I cannot get over that bar ATM, bit like the hammer game at the fair where you ring the bell, just missing the top however I have missed a few opportunities where I could have taken profit but the trades turned, this was my forte (sorry not boasting) but I've tried squeezing the big one and getting caught, change is not good, will go back to the old way, speaking of which, my Dow is showing a little profit, do I close and go all in WTI, think...
WTI H4 has dropped below EMA20, so leaning toward downward--but this could be a temporary event.

timingchain Nov 28, 2019 9:21am | Post# 644

Dec option expirations and big funds rebalancing completed by end of year can lead to equities advancing during latter part of Dec.

detector Nov 28, 2019 12:26pm | Post# 645

Hello all, hope trading is good, back short in the Dow 28114, speculative, D

detector Nov 28, 2019 12:44pm | Post# 646

{quote} WTI H4 has dropped below EMA20, so leaning toward downward--but this could be a temporary event.
TC, seems it's at this junction again, while pundits are mixed and fundys say a rally should be the order, "End of year" it may well have the rally after a strong pullback, I've seen 700+ drop and 700+ rise in the same day, at these levels it would be nothing for a 1000 point seesaw, ChinUsa still hovering, would not surprise a drop then the deal announced for the "Rally", that said, I'm just taking an opportunist trade the chart has shown, will either confirm or deny, thanks for taking the time,D

detector Nov 28, 2019 6:04pm | Post# 647

Speculative sell opened WTI 58.08

Hello all, hope trading is good, back short in the Dow 28114, speculative, D
Will monitor trades and could close if need be
EDIT
Looking to take an opportunist profit, if and when.

detector Nov 29, 2019 12:41am | Post# 648

Both trades closed, small profit taken
Dow 28066
WTI 58.02
Close was opportunist, also Friday and thanks giving in the US, markets close early today, D

Ll1979 Dec 2, 2019 2:23am | Post# 649

CHINA WANTS US TARIFFS ROLLED BACK IN PHASE ONE TRADE DEAL - GLOBAL TIMES
2 December 2019, 04:34

Global Times, published by the official People’s Daily newspaper of China’s ruling Communist Party, quoted sources with direct knowledge of the trade talks on Saturday, as saying that “the US must remove existing tariffs, not planned tariffs, as part of the deal”.
A source said: “US officials had been resisting such a demand because the tariffs were their only weapon in the trade war and giving up that weapon meant “surrender.””

luckyvictor Dec 2, 2019 3:39am | Post# 650

CHINA WANTS US TARIFFS ROLLED BACK IN PHASE ONE TRADE DEAL - GLOBAL TIMES 2 December 2019, 04:34 Global Times, published by the official People’s Daily newspaper of China’s ruling Communist Party, quoted sources with direct knowledge of the trade talks on Saturday, as saying that “the US must remove existing tariffs, not planned tariffs, as part of the deal”. A source said: “US officials had been resisting such a demand because the tariffs were their only weapon in the trade war and giving up that weapon meant “surrender.””
Why would the market jumped rather than dropped? Can't understand how the market player manipulates the market

Ll1979 Dec 2, 2019 6:19am | Post# 651

{quote} Why would the market jumped rather than dropped? Can't understand how the market player manipulates the market
They only read the good news (China PMI) i guess.

detector Dec 2, 2019 11:28am | Post# 652

Hello all, just in, have opened gold buy 1462.90 Dow currently 300 point drop, looking for gold to kick in, D

detector Dec 2, 2019 11:31am | Post# 653

First target if it goes, 1471, then poss 1478, D

detector Dec 2, 2019 2:02pm | Post# 654

Seems gold is off the blocks a little, recent spike looked to have failed but came back around, position is moving in the right direction, D

detector Dec 2, 2019 3:03pm | Post# 655

Could be an opportunist profit, may just take the next spike if it occurs, D

detector Dec 2, 2019 3:11pm | Post# 656

Opened sell on the Dow, speculative for a further fall, 27832 looking for an opportunist profit, D

detector Dec 2, 2019 3:22pm | Post# 657

Possible bun fight last minutes ??? will be looking to close on any spikes.

SurfsUp Dec 2, 2019 4:00pm | Post# 658

Hello all, just in, have opened gold buy 1462.90 Dow currently 300 point drop, looking for gold to kick in, D
I am hoping to be with you shortly. I have a buy limit at 1462. Hoping for a small dip and look for movement upward in hours ahead.

detector Dec 2, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 659

{quote} I am hoping to be with you shortly. I have a buy limit at 1462. Hoping for a small dip and look for movement upward in hours ahead.
Su, seems gold wasn't having it last minute, dow dipped under 27800 but gold never moved, think you will get your opportunity, although you just never know, the price lowering but holding around this level, indicators at the top end and would normally be looking to short, hence my stance for a break up, thanks for posting, good chess and hope it's good to you, D

detector Dec 2, 2019 4:11pm | Post# 660

{quote} I am hoping to be with you shortly. I have a buy limit at 1462. Hoping for a small dip and look for movement upward in hours ahead.
One thing I would be mindfull over is ChinUSA, how and when it comes out will change the dynamics very quickly, part reason I close before the late aftermarket break, unless I have some distance in the position, tonight is no different, D

© Metals Mine